This Pongal I happened to visit my native place, these days it is really kinda very rare that I have visited. It so happened that my mom told me to visit this maternal uncle who has been ailing for a long time; a very gracious gentleman, selfless and (he doesnt have a penny in his bank, yet is signing sureties for helping out to the ppl around).
Haribabu Uncle as i know him and I go visiting to his place in Addanki and the next thing that they tell me while i freeze is that he has a strange disease which is not allowing him any appetite, I try convincing him and the family to let him go and visit a doctor and he just says “let It Be”.
I come back after pongal and the very next day they shift him to a hospital and things start going crazy. And the next thing I know is he is no more in a few days.
How did that happen? While I was searching online for a better treatment and running pillar to post finding out tat it’s almost death bed and the disease is some sort of Liver related thing and the doctors still trying to figure out! As a last option I reach for the guys who claim some miraculous treatment method unveiled the http://www.ilbs.in and even before I get across reaching the concerned doctor Uncle is no more.
Its painful, its like being hit by a boulder from behind on a rough trek, even if you are prepared for the eventuality ahead you are still shocked?! Dont know cant figure out.. still trying to….
Image by ~C4Chaos via Flickr
January 18th, 2012 is the largest online protest in history, to stop the internet censorship bills, SOPA & PIPA. Join in by blacking out your site and urging everyone you can reach to contact Congress now.
Websites: How to Strike
- Other people have made tools to strike. Some other ways to strike:
- Don’t be silent that day. Tweet all day from your official company account (#SOPASTRIKE) and share news on sites like reddit. You will get much love in return from your users, and the bigger the action you do, the more love you will be feeling – You can follow us on twitter for news as the strike gets closer. If you are really feeling shy, you can blackout your site logo / add STOP SOPA messages wherever you can.
Everyone: Prepare to Strike
- If you have a Twitter account, tweet about the #SOPASTRIKE and ask your followers to get ready. You can follow us on twitter for news as the strike gets closer. Go to Blackout SOPA to add ‘STOP SOPA’ to your Twitter image.
- Post this SOPA Strike page to your Facebook account by clicking here.
- Get ready for January 18th! Email and tweet at your friends, tell them to tell everyone about the strike. When the day comes, call Congress, tweet like crazy (#SOPASTRIKE), and help the strike appear everywhere!
On Jan 24th, Congress will vote to pass internet censorship in the Senate, even though the vast majority of Americans are opposed. We need to kill the bill – PIPA in the Senate and SOPA in the House – to protect our rights to free speech, privacy, and prosperity.
See this timeline of SOPA and PIPA events and the activist backlash.
Image via Wikipedia
I knew kolaveri di song was famous enough but not that much that this little fella would sing on camera. What is amusing is he and his little sister also are in to the classical Indian Music, Look at her as she sings Indian Classical.