|Jokes and SMSes about the player’s dismal performance have been doing the rounds. We’ve deliberately kept out some of the more inflammatory ones but these are worth a dekkho…
- India is a cricketing nation. It walks, talks, eats, drinks, breathes and sleeps cricket. Too bad it doesn’t play it.
- Virgin can never be the sponsor of the Indian cricket team. Because our guys keep getting fu___d.
- Pappu was at school and the teacher asked everybody what their fathers did. Typical answers came out: policeman, salesman, doctor… Pappu said, “My father is an exotic dancer in a gay club and takes off his clothes in front of other men.’’ The teacher called him aside and asked if that was true and Pappu said, “No, he’s in the Indian cricket team but I’m too embarassed to admit that.’’
- Why do Indian babies cry and complain all the time? They are practicing how to become Indian cricketers when they grow up.
- Why doesn’t the crowd blink when Tendulkar goes out to bat? There just is no time until he gets out again.
- Entire responsibility of India’s loss in the first match of the World Cup goes to Mrs Indira Gandhi. How? It was she who created Bangladesh!
- What is the most proficient form of footwork displayed by Indian batsmen? The walk back to the pavilion.
- What is the height of optimism ? Dhoni coming out to bat applying sunscreen on his face.
- Let’s help out Pakistan in its hour of need and send Greg Chappell to serve as the coach.
- Latest sponsors of the Men in Blue? Whisper, because the team’s going through its worst period!
- Manager: Hello! Voice: Can I speak to Sachin? Manager: Who’s speaking? Voice: This is his wife. Manager: Sorry, he’s just gone out to bat. Voice: Okay, I’ll hold on.