Have been looking at Arundhati roys comments and her antics in the media and was really not feeling too good about that. Her comparing Maoist insurgents with Non-violent gandhi, or calling names of Indian state as a Bhooke nange (Hungry and nude), even siding with the secessionists to say Kashmir needs freedom from India and India from Kashmir, also defending the Millitant who was instrumental in planning the attack on Indian parliament, blindly and half knowledgedly writing articles that have half baked TRUTHS on the Godhra violence. Or even the Narmada dam‘s opposition which came under criticism from eminent environmentalists like Ramchandra guha, and criticising recklessly the Honouroble supreme court and sent to jail for contempt of court have all been tokenisms. While she and her husband own a house in the notified forest area and she wears branded items that the so called vulgarly rich MNCs produce she stages antics more than a Rakhi sawant or the Paris hilton.
Here is one cartoon that may be comes closer but not enough to showcase her true self.
Source : cartoonist shyam jagota
1) In my opinion unlike gandhian movement Maoism doesnt have aN ICON to project their demands so they donot have anyothergo but…
2) violence, ….. so that the administration and people can hear it and untill then i shall keep supporting them …
3) even if I have to go to jail….
(Come on at least my books will sell)
- Cartoon(ist) of the Week – Joel Pett (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- India is a corporate, Hindu state: Arundhati (ibnlive.in.com)
- CPI-M killing people in name of Maoists: Mamata (topinews.com)
- Kashmir – Paradise Becoming Hell (socyberty.com)
- Kashmiri Hindus protest against Geelani, Arundhati at seminar (topinews.com)
- Indian colonialism replaced British imperialism: Arundhati Roy (topinews.com)