I have always wondered if there would be coincidences and that too most ironical co incidentals. While after Sep 11 the 2001 the date somehow 9/11 became synonymous of destruction, death, fight, war, clash and I was wondering if there is more to it than the mere cliches?!
It was same day that Swamy Vivekananda the Hindu leader a century and 8 years earlier preached peace and love on the same day on the same soil that has experienced the greatest human inflicted, hate mongered disaster in which about 3,000 people innocently died.
“I am proud to belong to a religion, which has taught the world both tolerance and universal acceptance. We believe not only in universal toleration but we accept all religions as true.”
Also he would say
“Sectarian bigotry and its horrible descendent fanaticism have long possessed this beautiful earth. They have filled the earth with violence, drenched it often with human blood, destroyed civilization and sent whole nations to despair.” (Source: Parliament of religions)
- What Else Happened on 9/11? (kindlelife.wordpress.com)
- “We who have come from the east have sat here day after day and have been told in a patronizing way…” (vimoh.in)
- Swami Vivekananda I Do Agree (sirmercy.wordpress.com)
- During fast, anna kept a diary to pen his thoughts – Hindustan Times (news.google.com)
- Ganesh Chaturti of Pune (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- 8 Most Inspiring American Speeches of All Time (and Where They Took Place) (tripbase.com)
- Weakness in sin. (tusharbhatnagar.wordpress.com)