Support Sewabharathi efforts in relief and rehab of #Cyclonephailin victims
Please do mention your name and address so that we can update you along with a receipt of your contribution.
Online transfer can be done to Seva Bharati A/C.
You can also write a cheque/draft and drop it in any ICICI branch.
All contributions to Seva Bharati are tax-exempt under 80G.
ICICI Bank number 630501065297
IFSC Code ICIC0006305
Himayatnagar Branch, Hyderabad
Contact person Sri Murthy ,09618667939
5821 Mossrock Drive,
1,000 villagers evacuated in East Singhbhum district in Jharkhand
Over 5 lakh hectares of standing crops have been destroyed by the gushing waters causing an estimated loss of Rs 2,400 crore, he said
Preliminary estimates suggest the cyclone affected 80 lakh people in Odisha, the state that bore the brunt of its fury, hitting 14,500 villages and 39 civic bodies.
In Odisha, 7,500 telephone towers have been damaged while in Andhra Pradesh the figure stood at 205.
“As per preliminary assessments about 40,000 trees were uprooted in the vicinity and operations to clear the area have started. Cooked food has been arranged for about 2,000 people sheltered in port area including employees of the port trust,”
2.4 lakh kaccha houses had been destroyed in Ganjam Dist alone
237 villages in 11 mandals of Srikakulam district, six gram panchayats and 22 hamlets in Vizianagaram district and 67 villages in 10 mandals of Visakhapatnam district were affected by the cyclone.
While nearly 45,000 electricity poles were uprooted in Srikakulam district, east coast railway (ECoR) was forced to regulate more than 40 trains passing through the mainline connecting the cyclone affected areas due to partial damage to tracks. Railway sources said the tracks on the Chennai-Howrah line were partially damaged at Naupada and Sompeta
Bihar on alert post Cyclone Phailin Economic Times
Cyclone Phailin results in floods, two districts badly hit in Odisha (Times Of India)
- Phailin causes 30,000-acre crop damage in Srikakulam (thehindu.com)
- Cyclone Phailin: coastal Andhra Pradesh escapes fury, no loss of life reported (ndtv.com)
- LIVE! Cyclone Phailin weakens (niticentral.com)
- Cyclone Phailin aftermath: rain, floods expected, Bihar on alert – Hindustan Times (hindustantimes.com)
- Cyclone Phailin: Recovery challenge looms in Odisha, Andhra Pradesh – Livemint (livemint.com)
- Congress claims credit for effective handling of Cyclone Phailin (dnaindia.com)
- PHOTOS: Cylcone Phailin wreaks havoc (rediff.com)
- Phailin wanes; 90 lakh affected, crops worth Rs. 2,400 cr. destroyed (thehindu.com)